Europe is the second largest pool of capital for Private Equity and Venture Capital funds, behind the US market.
A number of private equity firms and investment managers may want to market their fund to European investors, for reasons ranging from broadening their investor base, seeking to acquire European assets or developing investment strategies that may be better aligned to European investors (such as Social Impact Funds).
XCAP Global and its UK FCA AIFM platform, Vantage Point Capital, specialise in working with investment managers and Private Equity firms domiciled in the US and non-EU countries who are seeking a European and/or FCA regulated 'plug and play' solution for the promotion of their fund under AIFMD throughout all European states.
The fund that the private equity firms/investment managers operate, can be domiciled anywhere globally. For example, a Cayman fund can be promoted in Europe, as long as it is done so through a regulated EU AIFM. The fund being promoted must be compliant with the European AIFMD regime, where the fund would need to be hosted under a European AIFM/ManCo platform, such as Vantage Point Capital.
Whilst the European AIFMD regime opens up a wealth of opportunities in Europe - there are significant and costly regulatory requirements, which make the outsourcing of the AIFM platform far more cost effective (and quicker) for non-EU managers seeking to promote their fund in Europe.
The process can take as little as 3 weeks, allowing you to focus on deal origination, execution and value creation/portfolio management - whilst we look after all European compliance activities such as European passporting and act as the AIFM to your fund.
US & non-EEA financial services businesses we support:
- Private Equity Funds;
- Venture Capital Funds;
- Real Estate Private Equity Funds;
- Social Impact Funds;
- Special Situation Investment Funds;
- Corporate Finance Advisors
- Family Offices;
- Development Funds;
- Asset Managers
Solutions for our US & Non-EU clients:
- EU AIFM (ManCo) Hosting;
- European Passporting to all 29 European states;
- Integrated service providers for Funds;
- Drafting & Issuing a European Fund Memorandum for your fund
- Legal Documents, such as Investment Management Agreements (IMAs) with investors;
- FCA Appointed Representative Regulatory Hosting;
- FCA compliance and regulatory framework;
- Onshore Fund Structuring (UK, Luxembourg or Ireland)
- Due Diligence carried out on EU based counter parties.
We’re Here to Help if you…
- Want to promote your fund under the European AIFM in little as 3 weeks;
- Want to focus on European deal origination and value creation, whilst we look after the EU AIFM hosting and regulatory compliance;
- Want to work with an EU AIFM manager supportive towards your strategic direction;
- Have a track record of successfully being a financial professional;
- Require European ‘Passporting’ into multiple countries;
- Are seeking to establish a European presence, cost effectively and quickly
Our Objectives in Helping You…
- Advising you/your fund in European AIFM requirements;
- Drafting & Issuing a European Fund Memorandum for your fund;
- Offering your strong corporate governance around administration, regulatory reporting and ongoing regulatory compliance;
- Reduce your costs so you can focus on your European business with a competitive advantage;
- Offering you a competitive and scalable European platform for your fund;
- Help you to develop and market your fund throughout Europe;
What we Will Do for You…
- Operate as your European AIFM for your fund, assuming all compliance - so you can focus on deal origination and value creation;
- Offer you a flexible European AIFM, where you are empowered to innovate and grow;
- Introduce you to to 'pre-qualified' partners and service providers in Europe;
- Assist you in your European grow cost effectively and efficiently;
- Implement best practice in risk management and compliance;
- Review all European legal documents, such as IMAs & Fund Memorandums;
As a global consulting firm, we work with Vantage Point Capital as our small scope FCA regulated AIFM platform and affiliate partners and professional advisers to deliver a solution around your specific requirements.